What I have decided is to take the pencil version for the Christmas Cards and turn the pen and ink version into square 5 x 5 cm gift labels. That way both versions get out into the big wide world! They will go off to the printers tomorrow (Monday 28 November) so all will be ready in time for the Burbage Christmas Tree Fair. Which will take place on the 10th and 11th of December from 11:00 - 16:00 in the Church Hall, Eastcourt, Burbage, Wiltshire. I hope to see you there! Next to the cards and gift tags, I will also be selling etchings and other pieces of original art.
In the mean time I also ordered some gift label stickers from Moo with another little Christmas design, they look like this and are the size of a business card:
And of course, I promised that from those that sent me comments, I would do a little prize draw for a pack of cards and tags. And after writing all the names on little scraps of paper and pulling one out of the basket with my eyes closed, I found that the winner is ...
my dear friend Dianne Leutner! It is nice to know that the cards will go to a friend.
- Dianne, I will send them on as soon as it all comes back from the printers.
What else has been happening?
- Fierce Grey Mouse has started a life of his own and started tweeting about healthy eating, exercising and most of all friendship. You can follow him here: http://twitter.com/#!/FierceGreyMouse
- "No-Dogs Allowed" written by Phil Fryer, developed and published by Tizio BV and illustrated and animated by me, has had its first review and it is a good one! The summary reads like this:
"This is a great book – the story is fun and well written and the illustrations are beautiful. My kids really enjoyed the app and especially liked seeing themselves in it. This is a book that I can see becoming one of our favorites. It makes a great bedtime story – highly recommended!" - The iMum
Needless to say, those kind of comments make me very happy!
- "No-Dogs Allowed" made it into this week's top 5 of ihearthisapp Big thank you for all that voted for our lovely no-dogs!
- All my Christmas card commissions have been finished, although one company is threatening to give me another commission for more 2012 Christmas cards, so I might still be drawing trees, reindeer, Santas and presents! But it is great fun and I love it. Especially now that it is actually closer to Christmas and I am getting a lot more into the Christmas spirit.
- Working hard on 2 new children's picture books and illustrating 2 others. But more about that in a future blog post!